You’re a small business owner who knows you need to start reaping the benefits that come with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). You also know the old way of analog phone lines and expensive equipment just doesn’t make sense for your business anymore. But there are so many choices out there today, you must evaluate your options so you select the right provider for your particular business.
Tip #1: Know Your Needs
Tip #2: Ask Questions
- How is the network infrastructure structured? (Who’s the owner, the service technician and who should be contacted with issues)
- What is the redundancy structure?
- What are the recovery processes?
- Do you have a softswitch? (Software that’s used to bridge a network with the VoIP services)
- Are there any third party services?
- How will we be notified of new features?
- What is the process of getting a system implemented?