The top two challenges for businesses are email growth and management (Forrester Survey: Feb. 2011). Users continue to expect more from Exchange with technology growth.
The Solution: HP Storage
- HP Storage is Simple: Reduce complexity by driving ease of use within your Exchange environment.
- HP Storage is Optimized: Improve efficiency, capacity utilization, and the ability to support enhanced business continuity all while reducing costs.
- HP Storage is Scalable: Start small but think big! HP Storage non-disruptively scales along with your company and its growing number of Exchange users. Rapidly employ larger mailbox sizes and increase number of mailboxes all with enhanced reliability and improved performance.
Why Microsoft Exchange 2010?
Exchange has drastically been redesigned from the 2003 version. E-mails have increased in size and quantity. Users now want increased access to emails. Since users can no longer use .pst/offline archives they require a bigger quota for their mailboxes. Exchange was optimized for SAN and needed to be redesigned to allow low cost SATA drives.
Exchange 2010 is designed to deliver higher levels of reliability and performance with a lower TCO and wider range of deployment.
Exchange 2010 Enhancements:
- Reduced I/O per second (IOPs) requirement and lower acquisition costs with a choice of direct attached storage (DAS) or lower cost drives in shared storage arrays — Exchange 2010 delivers up to a 70-percent reduction in disk I/O over Exchange 2007. Additional disk types meet the minimum performance required to run Exchange, so organizations can use the new architecture to drive down storage costs.
- Exchange 2003 requires SAN for HA and performance—Exchange 2010 has greater flexibility in storage options with SANs to DAS.
- 25 years of experience and partnership with Microsoft.
- Proven leader in Microsoft Exchange deployments: storage and management software technologies that can address both direct attached storage (DAS) and storage attached network (SAN) deployments for Microsoft Exchange.
- HP can help deploy Microsoft Exchange 2010 in the cloud through HP Exchange Cloud Services.
VLCM has the right solution to meet your specific network needs. VLCM is a certified partner of HP and a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. When you team up with VLCM, you’ll benefit from proven services and products. Please contact us for more information.
Source: HP Literature from HP Portal